Sheffield Park Academy 2018/2019
The purpose of homework at Sheffield Park Academy is to consolidate, improve and extend the learning that takes place in the classroom. Homework supports the development of learning behaviours, develops confidence and supports students to achieve to the best of their ability.
Supporting students with homework completion:
Departments and other teams in school work together to ensure all students have every opportunity to access and complete the homework. This includes:
- Daily access to the Learning Resource Centre from 8:00am until 8:40am and from 3:05pm until 4:30pm
- Maths homework club every Thursday at 3:05pm
- Year 11 homework club at lunchtime 1:30pm until 2:10pm
Homework students can expect to be set:
Homework is set weekly for all students in years 7-13. Homework will be set as and when appropriate and this will differ for each subject area.
- Years 7-9 will be set Science, English and Maths homework.
- Years 10-11 will be set homework from their option subjects in addition to Science, English and Maths.
- Years 12-13 will be set 3-5 hours of independent study per subject being studied each week.