Sheffield Park Academy is a part of United Learning whose Trustees hold the ultimate responsibility for the governance of each United Learning school.
The Department for Education’s governance handbook identifies the essentials of effective governance as follows:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
United Learning’s Trustees delegate certain key roles and responsibilities to the school’s Local Governing Body (LGB) and these are set out clearly in Appendix 4 to the United Learning LGB Members Handbook, which can be seen on the United Learning website.
Sheffield Park Academy Local Governing Body
The Local Governing Body oversees the running of Sheffield Park Academy, which includes appointing senior staff, setting academic targets, ratifying school policies and reviewing the overall performance of the school.
Members of the Sheffield Park Academy LGB
- Juliet McKervey– Chair
- Jasmine Harfoot – Vice Chair (Finance)
- Cllr Terry Fox
- Kate Wilkinson
- David Green (Health and Safety)
- Hilary French (Safeguarding)
- Kamran Din - Staff Governor
- Tabitha Sutcliffe – Staff Governor
- Sajid Ghafur – Parent Governor
- James Berry - Associate
You can write to the Chair of Governors at the following address:
c/o Sheffield Park Academy
Beaumont Road North
The clerk to governors, Mrs K Rangeley, can be contacted via:
Telephone - 0114 2392661
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Governing Body Meeting Attendance