SHEFFIELD SOUTH EAST SIXTH FORMERS CELEBRATE UNIVERSITY OFFERS AT TOP UNIVERSITIES
/ Categories: News
~ Students at the Sheffield Park Academy based Sixth Form prepare to head off to university and apprenticeships after receiving A Level grades ~
Year 13s at Sheffield South East Sixth Form – which is based at Sheffield Park Academy – are celebrating after receiving their A Level grades today, with the vast majority securing university offers and apprenticeships of their choice.
This year, A Levels were awarded following Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) due to the cancellation of external examinations. At Sheffield Park Academy, students still sat exams under exam conditions and provided a range of work completed as part of controlled assessments to determine these grades.
Many of the students will now be preparing to take up places at university in the autumn, with a number celebrating offers from top Russell Group universities and others heading off to apprenticeships at leading companies. 100% of students who applied for a university degree course have successfully secured places.
Among these were:
- Adem Zafer, who will be studying Chemistry at Imperial College London;
- Faiad Hussain, who will be studying Computer Science and Mathematics with Industrial Experience at the University of Manchester.
- Mohammed Hussain, who will be studying Medicine at the University of Sheffield;
- Erica Mberi, who will be studying Medicine at Queen Mary University of London;
- Chimwemee Nkhata, who will be studying Medicine and Surgery at Newcastle University;
- Uzma Bibi, who will be studying Medicine at the University of Nottingham;
- Abigail Buxton, who will be studying Law with Criminology at the University of Manchester ;
- Vanessa Klinkova, who will be studying Modern Languages with Management at the University of Leicester;
- Manaheel Naeem, who will be studying Radiotherapy and Oncology at Sheffield Hallam University;
- Bodor Fannoush, who will be studying Architecture at Sheffield Hallam University;
- Illyas Mohamoud who will be studying Law at Brunel University London;
- Yasmin Aziz who will be studying Law and Criminology at Sheffield Hallam;
- Reece Bennett, who will be History at the University of Manchester.
Commenting on the results, Roland Freeman, Principal at Sheffield Park Academy, said:
“We are extremely proud of our Sixth Formers for what they have achieved. They have had to show real leadership and determination, overcoming significant challenges during the pandemic in order to achieve their ambitions. It is very pleasing to see them celebrating together today and to be successfully moving onto the next stages of their lives and education.
“We now have students attending some of the UK’s top universities such as Imperial College London and achieving places on competitive apprenticeship and training courses. With next steps of this calibre, I am confident that these young people will be able to leverage their own potential and become leaders of the future – making a difference here in Sheffield and beyond.
“As well as congratulating all our students, I would like to thank their parents and carers for their unrelenting support of both their children and our school. I would also like to pay special mention to our Sixth Form team whose guidance and hard work for students has been invaluable in enabling our students to meet their goals.”