OCR Chemistry A (H432)
- 5-5 in Double GCSE Science or equivalent
- 5 in GCSE Mathematics
- 5 in GCSE English Language or Literature
Chemistry is an exciting, demanding subject that opens up routes to many university courses and rewarding careers, and gives a good scientific understanding of the world around us.
Studying A-level OCR Chemistry (A) at Sheffield Park Academy, you will cover the following in Year 1:
- Module 1 - Development of practical skills in chemistry
- Module 2 – Foundations in Chemistry
- Module 3 – Periodic Table and Energy
- Module 4 – Core Organic Chemistry In Year 2 you will study:
- Module 5 – Physical Chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6 – Organic Chemistry and Analysis
Sheffield Park Academy is an excellent place to study Chemistry. You will be taught by experienced, specialist staff, and regularly do engaging practicals. You will take a widely respected, content-led A-level course that is well-sought after by universities. You will have a minimum of 5 hours teaching per week, with regular out of classroom work set. You will be assessed formally each half term and given bespoke feedback to help develop your academic understanding. For further information please see the attached specifications and “STEPS” document, which outlines the content taught over each half-term.
Chemistry is a fully exam-assessed course. You will be tested on your understanding of physical chemistry, organic chemistry and a synoptic unified assessment. Chemistry is a practical subject, and you will complete twelve assessed practicals throughout your course, giving you a good grounding in technical laboratory skills. These practicals will give a “practical endorsement” to your qualification.
What students say:
A subject that opens the door to loads of courses at university
Helps me to understand how the world around me works