There’s more to life at Sheffield South East VI Form than just getting your qualifications.
We want you to achieve your full potential and flourish both academically and personally. So we encourage you to get involved and complement your academic studies by taking advantage of the many enrichment opportunities that are available. Some activities will support your career or university applications, others will allow you to broaden your horizons and some may introduce you to a new hobby.
Five reasons to take part in enrichment:
- Impress University Admissions Tutors by demonstrating not only your academic ability but also your social and personal development.
- Stand out from the crowd and enhance your job/apprenticeship applications by showing potential employers that you have developed personal skills such as ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Try something new, learn a skill or develop an existing hobby.
- Get an additional qualification – some enrichment opportunities enable you to gain a recognised qualification.
- Take a break from your studies to do something different!
Enrichment activities include:
- Work Experience (Y12)
- Year 12 Ambassadors Programme – designed to fast-track leadership skills
- National Citizen Service (NCS) for Y12 – this programme focuses on personal and social development. It includes challenging activities and self-selected participation in events that benefit the local community.
- Law workshops and visits to law courts
- School council
- Nuffield Research Project
- Social Mobility Project
- Speakers for Schools programme - talks from high profile speakers including members of Parliament and the media
- Visits to Parliament
- Sociology Conference
- Mental Health Hospital Visit
- Business Challenges
- Visits to various university departments
- Various sports teams