- Level 3 Extended certificate (1 A level equivalent)
- Diploma (2 A level equivalent)
- Extended Diploma (3 A level equivalent) in business studies.
Minimum grade 5 in English and Maths plus if business has been previously studied either a level 2 pass in the finance component of the BTEC L2 business exam or a GCSE grade 5 or higher in business.
L3 BTEC business gives students an understanding of how the world of business works, and the units we study have been carefully chosen to complement both student’s interests, and what universities and employers are looking for. In addition the course allows students to develop a range of skills, such as analysis and evaluation, which are transferable to any walk of life.
The course is designed with some vocational elements and students will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a broad understanding of business
- To study some areas of business in greater depth
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding in business
- Have opportunities to apply learning in some practical ways
- Allows access to higher education – including most red brick universities
- Develop personal learning and thinking skills which are valued by higher education establishments and business
- Gain confidence through independent learning skills.
Studying the Extended Certificate, you will be assessed on the following modules:
- Unit 1: Exploring business (coursework)
- Unit 2: Principles of marketing (assessment)
- Unit 3: Personal and business finance(external exam)
- Unit 6: Recruitment and Selection (coursework)
Studying the Diploma, in addition to the units above, you will also complete:
- Unit 4: Managing a business event (coursework)
- Unit 5: International business (coursework)
- Unit 7: Recruitment and Selection(coursework)
- Unit 9: Training and development(coursework)
Studying the Extended Diploma, in addition to the units above, you will also complete:
- Unit 14: Investigating customer service(coursework)
- Unit 15:Investigating retail (coursework)
- Unit 21: Training and development (coursework)
- Unit 22: Marketing research(coursework)
What students say
I think this course prepares me well for continuing my studies in university as it has a lot of analytical and evaluative elements in it
I have particularly liked the personal finance section of the course as I have found that really relevant and has helped prepare my to future manage my finances
I like the more hands on approach of BTEC than A level as I find it more realistic and linked to the business world