Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Applied Science
- BTEC Applied Science Extended Certificate (Equivalent to 1 A-Level)
- BTEC Applied Science Diploma (Equivalent to 2 A-Levels )
- 5 GCSE grade 4 to 9 including English, Maths and Science.
Applied Science at Sheffield South East VI Form is an excellent course for students who are well-suited to a mixed approach comprised of both exams and coursework. It gives a broad understanding of how science works, and a range of technical skills that are well suited to students considering applied or vocational courses in higher education. It covers content from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, giving a well-rounded knowledge across the scientific fields.
Sheffield Park Academy is an excellent place to study Applied Science. You will be taught by experienced staff with an in-depth knowledge of delivering BTEC qualifications. You will take a challenging but accessible course that gives an excellent range of practical and academic skills. You will have a minimum of 5 hours teaching per week, with an additional 5 hours if studying the Diploma.
Studying the Extended Certificate, you will be assessed on the following modules:
- Unit 1: Principles and Applications of Science I (exam assessed)
- Unit 2: Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques (coursework)
- Unit 3: Science Investigation Skills (practical examination and assessment)
- Unit 8: Physiology of Human Body Systems (coursework)
Studying the Diploma, in addition to the units above, you will also complete:
- Unit 4: Laboratory Techniques and their Application (coursework)
- Unit 5: Principles and Applications of Science II (exam assessed)
- Unit 6: Investigative Project (coursework)
- Unit 12: Diseases and Infections (coursework)
What students say:
A course with a nice balance of coursework and exams
A great way to build up your practical skills